Subject: Photographic sleeves

Photographic sleeves

From: Peter Graham <psgraham>
Date: Wednesday, May 12, 1993
University Products advertises two kinds of photo protectors.  One type
is Mylar and described as "archivally safe".  Another type is described
as "completely safe polypropylene materials [which] will not react
chemically with your photo image."  The price difference is considerable
(e.g. 10 Mylar protectors for $11.50 vs. 50 of the polypropylene for
$16.00).  Is there an archival difference?  Mind you my photos are
presently in a "magnetic" binder (I know, I know).   --pg

Peter S. Graham
Rutgers University Libraries
169 College Avenue
New Brunswick, N. J. 08903