Subject: UMI Preservation Fellowship

UMI Preservation Fellowship

From: Christopher M. Raab <cmrst10>
Date: Tuesday, April 13, 1993
The University of Pittsburgh is proud to announce the availability of
its UMI Preservation Fellowship for a fourth consecutive year.

University Microfilms International(UMI) has once again awarded the
University of Pittsburgh's School of Library and Information Science
(SLIS) a grant to support a UMI Preservation Fellow.  The $15,000 award
assists students and professionals who have demonstrated the ability and
desire to pursue a leadership role in either library or archival
preservation management.

As last year's recipient of the award, I can honestly say that the
fellowship is well worth pursuing.  Over the past year, I feel as though
I have dramatically improved my skills as both a preservationist, and a
manager. Recipients also receive the rare privilege of working with one
of the profession's most caring and committed individuals--Sally
Buchanan.

Requests for further information should be addressed to:

    Sally Buchanan
    650 LIS, University of Pittsburgh
    Pittsburgh, PA  15101
    412-624-9447

Applications are due by June 1, 1993 with a decision made by June 15th.
The fellowship begins September 1993.

Once again, I encourage anyone even remotely interested
to apply.  You may be in for a pleasant surprise!

Sincerely,

Christopher Raab
UMI Preservation Fellow
University of Pittsburgh