Subject: White-out

White-out

From: Barbara Austen <bausten>
Date: Thursday, April 1, 1993
I am currently working with a large body of 20th century material,
mostly dating from 1920-1970.  When corrections were made to some of the
documents, the office where these originated used gobs of "white-out"
type material, backed with cellophane tape.  The tape has already turned
yellow and brittle.  My question is, what are the
conservation/preservation implications of "white-out?"  Has this stuff
been around long enough for anyone to do any studies on it?

Thanks.
Barbara Austen
Congregational Library
Boston, MA 02108