Subject: Labels for video cassettes

Labels for video cassettes

From: Jan Merrill-Oldham <hbladm18>
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 1993
We are having trouble labelling the cases of some video cassettes--
particularly a clear, smooth surfaced variety that we've just begun to
use.  Ownership marks are not a problem inasmuch as permanent metallic
markers designed for writing on plastic work well, and are resistant to
removal by abrasion and mild solvents.  It's the call number label that
is creating difficulties.  We're using foil-backed paper labels with an
acrylic, pressure-sensitive adhesive (the type that has been discussed
more than once on this list).  Within a day or so after careful
application the edges of the labels start to lift, after which they peel
off easily, leaving little residue.  Is there an effective
pressure-sensitive call number label for plastics?   Again--I'm talking
about the cases in which cassettes are housed; effectiveness is my only
concern.

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 23, 1993