Subject: Security strips

Security strips

From: Susan Alon <alons>
Date: Wednesday, March 17, 1993
My administrators have just asked me about placing metal security strips
in the spines of the books to activate gate sensors for theft deterrent.
What are some of the more scathing articles that denounce this practice
that I can wave under their faces?

Can I solicit some of the methods your conservators recommend for their
curators? and what they do not?

With grateful thanks
Susan Alon

                  Distributed: Tuesday, March 23, 1993