Subject: Photographic sleeves

Photographic sleeves

From: Karen Motylewski <nedcc>
Date: Wednesday, March 10, 1993
I don't have a source for inexpensive polyester, but if polypropylene
will meet your needs we have recently been contacted by Russell Norton,
P.O. Box 1070, New Haven, CT 06504, a vendor of 2.5 mil polypropylene
sleeves. He tells us his sleeves meet the ANSI photoactivity test
PH1.53-1978, sec. 6.1.  You might inquire whether they have passed the
more recent PAT developed by the Image Permanence Institute.  If so,
they are the least expensive solution to photo storage I've come across.
This doesn't constitute a recommendation, since I haven't seen the
products, but it is an idea.

Karen Motylewski

                  Distributed: Friday, March 12, 1993