Subject: Light meters

Light meters

From: Lynne Gilliland <mah0c09>
Date: Monday, March 8, 1993
We've been using a Cooke EC-1.  It's small and accurate and costs about
$400.00.  It measures in foot-candles but I think you can order it to
measure in lux.  It's about the size of your hand with no pesky cord to
get in the way if you're taking readings in an exhibit case.  I haven't
used the Cooke 400 model.  We're still using an old Crawford meter for
UV measurements.  It measures microwatts per lumen which is satisfactory
for our purposes.  The exhibit designer at the National Air and Space
Museum has the only meter I know of that will measure light in wave
lengths and then print out the results for you.  It's quite expensive.
Sorry I don't know it's name or manufacturer.  Here's Cooke's address:

    The Cooke Corporation
    900 Hertel Avenue
    PO Box 209
    Buffalo NY 14216-0209