Subject: Packing materials

Packing materials

From: Beth Richwine <mah0cdd>
Date: Thursday, March 4, 1993
I am not familiar with the Bifpak but have looked at the EcoFoam
material as an ecological alternative to the styrofoam peanuts.
Unfortunately it has several drawbacks. It does not have very good
compression recovery.  If you press it between your fingers it stays
flat.  It is also a danger if your package, heaven forbid, should get
wet because it dissolves almost immediately.  There was also a recent
article that stated that it can become infested with cockroaches when
stored for periods of time.  We still use the styrofoam peanuts here
until something better shows up.

                   Distributed: Friday, March 5, 1993