Subject: Cleaning library stacks

Cleaning library stacks

From: Diane Lunde <diane=lunde%catalog%libraries>
Date: Thursday, February 25, 1993
Our library is embarking on a project of a thorough cleaning of the book
stacks.  Are there standards or guidelines for such a project?  We are
also interested in hearing from libraries that either have an ongoing cleaning
schedule or have had a major cleaning project.  How long did the
cleaning take, how often is the cleaning scheduled (annually, etc.), what
staffing was used, what was the cost involved, etc.?

Also many thanks to all of you that responded to my inquiry about temperature
and relative humidity standards in libraries!

Diane Lunde
Conservation Librarian
Colorado State University Libraries
Fort Collins, CO 80526