Subject: Microfilm specimens needed

Microfilm specimens needed

From: Doug Nishimura <dwnpph>
Date: Tuesday, February 9, 1993
Walter:  As you know (maybe) IPI is currently involved in a project to
test the detrimental effects (if any) of SilverLock on older films.
Response has been pretty good about donating rolls of film to use in the
experiments, but we have been having a hard time getting 35 mm negative
film in good condition.  We did expect it since no one really wants to
give away good condition film, but we did get a good load of positive
film in good shape.  If anyone out there has any *negative* film *in
good condition* that they would be willing to donate for experimental
purposes (for copyright conscious people, we guarantee that all film
will be destroyed) we would appreciate hearing from you.   The success
of this research project depends upon getting a good cross-section of
good and bad, negative and positive microfilms.

Thank you.

-Doug

                 Distributed: Friday, February 12, 1993