Subject: Natural history specimens

Natural history specimens

From: Karen Motylewski <nedcc>
Date: Wednesday, February 3, 1993
>From: Joan ten Hoor <76636.3506 [at] compuserve__com>
>Sometime during the last few months, I remember seeing a
>notice *somewhere* for a forthcoming book on preservation
>of natural history specimens.

What you want is "Storage of Natural History Collections: Ideas and
Practical Solutions," edited by Carolyn Rose and Amparo de Torres (1992)
and available for $30.00 + $4.00 shipping from Society for the
Preservation of Natural History Collections, c/o Sue McLaren, 5800 Baum
Boulevard, Pittsburgh, PA 15206-3706.  This is a wonderful compilation of
storage and housing strategies, complete with suggested applications,
instructions, supply and equipment requirements, etc.  It will be useful
for a wide variety of collections other than natural history, including
books and paper.

Karen Motylewski
Northeast Document Center

                Distributed: Thursday, February 4, 1993