Subject: Edible books

Edible books

From: Torsten Wesley Adair <torsten>
Date: Saturday, January 23, 1993
This is an unusual request, but I think that this group might be able to
help.

In my spare time, I like to create what are called "artist's books";
books that are works of art in and of themselves.

I am planning on making a book that can be eaten.

What I would like to know is this:  what materials exist that could be
digested?  I know about cotton and rice fibers, and fruit leather, and I
could use licorice laces for the sewing, but what else is there that I
might have missed?  Is there a 100% rag (?) rice paper?  Onion skin?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Torsten Adair

                 Distributed: Friday, January 29, 1993