Subject: Light bleaching

Light bleaching

From: Lisa Roberts <lirobert>
Date: Tuesday, January 19, 1993
there is a type of fluorescent light that is used for keeping animals,
especially reptiles, in top physical condition when they are housed in
artificially lighted areas.  These lights, which look like any other
fluorescent bulb, are called Vita-lights, and can be found in most pet
stores.  They are designed to duplicate the complete spectrum of
sunlight, and are not terribly expensive, as I recall from my pet store
days.  As far as UV filtering is concerned, one would probably need to
use a shielding tube over the bulb, or something like that.  Just one
possibility among many, I'm sure.

Lisa Roberts
University of North Texas Libraries
Rare Book and Texana Collections