Subject: Polysulfide instructions

Polysulfide instructions

From: Doug Nishimura <dwnpph>
Date: Monday, January 11, 1993
I wanted to let you know that we have just completed a 12-page booklet,
"Instructions for Using IPI SilverLock(tm) on Silver Microfilm." This
publication brings together all the practical information on using
polysulfide treatment on microfilm, including how & why to treat,
frequency and nature of quality assurance tests, solution monitoring and
disposal, etc. We got a boost in creating this because Anne Kenney of
Cornell arranged for IPI to consult with vendors doing polysulfide
treatment in connection with Cornell's Southeast Asia microfilming
project. This helped clarify some of the practical treatment questions,
especially QA and also some of the administrative questions such as what
evidence should libraries require of filmers to show that polysulfide
treatment is being done correctly.

IPI will be glad to send anyone a copy of the SilverLock
instruction booklet free of charge. Simply write to:

    Image Permanence Institute
    Rochester Institute of Technology
    PO Box 9887
    Rochester, NY 14623-0887

or send an E-Mail request to : dwnpph [at] RITVAX__ISC__RIT__EDU
                          or:  dwnpph [at] RITVAX__BITNET

-Doug

                Distributed: Thursday, January 14, 1993