Subject: Digitization

Digitization

From: John McIntyre <pr261jm>
Date: Friday, January 8, 1993
The National Library of Scotland currently has an interest in
Digitization as a preservation measure and to improve access.   We are
therefore interested in any digitization projects or applications in
other libraries, archives or related institutions, particularly when
they relate to photographic collections.  May I ask if anyone out there
can point me towards activities which may be of interest (contact names
would help).  I expect to be visiting the U.S. towards the end of
February on other business and could perhaps usefully gain by making a
visit to relevant institutions.

I would be grateful for any information which might allow contact by a
visit or correspondence.   I am aware of the work being done at Cornell
University Library.

Many thanks in advance.

John E McIntyre
Head of Preservation