Subject: Conservation technician available

Conservation technician available

From: Ellen McCrady <whenry>
Date: Thursday, November 12, 1992
We just got a fax from the employer of "an extremely talented student
[who] has worked in our preservation program for four years and would
like to find employment in the field after graduation."  The student
will have an ad in the next issue of the Abbey Newsletter, but there may
be a delay in publishing it because we are moving, so I will run it here
too:

    December '92 graduate with B.A. in graphics and extensive practical
    background in preservation program of medium-sized academic library
    seeks challenging position with opportunity for further development
    of skills.  Experienced in book repair, encapsulation,
    deacidification, Japanese tissue mending, paper washing, and tape
    removal.

    Fluent in Portuguese and Spanish, talented free-hand artist.

    Resume and references available on request.  Will bring portfolio
    for interview.  Contact Ana L. Lyra c/o Special Collections Center,
    Bradley University Library, Peoria, IL 61625. Telephone
    309/677-2823.

    **** Moderator's comments:   Postings in which a person asks for
    employment violate the rules of some networks (notably Bitnet).
    While the DistList is governed by other rules (in general, the rules
    of the originating network determine the acceptability of a message)
    and, in any case, this message can be read as an announcement by a
    third party of the availability of a service and should therefore be
    acceptable to Bitnet, I am not terribly enthusiastic about this sort
    of posting and may reject them in the future.

                  Distributed: Sunday, January 3, 1993