Subject: Microfilm trailer holders

Microfilm trailer holders

From: Sue C. Stoebner <sues>
Date: Thursday, December 17, 1992
In our microforms room, we were having trouble keeping our film securely
on the reel when using reader/printers.  We located a product sold by
Applied Microfilm Systems that seems to correct the problem by anchoring
the tail of the film inside the hub of the reel with a small "H" shaped
device.  Mechanically, it does the trick, however, chemically we fear it
may not be inert.  Do other institutions make use of this product or
other comparable products? They are advertised as Trailer Holders, pt.#
1059468.

Sue Stoebner
Conservation Unit
University of California, Santa Cruz