Subject: Shelving

Shelving

From: Inci Bowman <ibowman>
Date: Friday, December 20, 1991
There was a time when polyurethane was routinely recommended for coating
wooden shelves in the rare book rooms.  I resisted that temptation for
many years.  Now I understand conservators are recommending lining
shelves with mylar sheets.  I like this technique since it is not
irreversible.  What are some of the other products that can be used for
coating wooden shelves?

Inci Bowman, Moody Medical Library
The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
409/772-2397

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 22, 1991