Subject: Popcorn

Popcorn

From: Joanna Tousley-Escalante <joanna>
Date: Friday, December 20, 1991
The vendor I mentioned earlier that used Popcorn for packing matter, was
an audiovisual supplier!  It was WHATMAN LABSALES from Hillsboro, OR.

They shipped a video to us.  It had been wrapped in plastic first, to
prevent the popcorn fluff and dribble from getting into the video inner
workings, but I found using popcorn with audiovisuals even more risky
then for books and print materials.

They had prepared a message in rhyme on the outside explaining that this
item had been packed in popcorn as a reflection of their concern for the
ecology.  Too bad it was all tossed before I got to it. We may hear more
from then soon.

Joanna Tousley-Escalante
Austin Community College
Internet:  joanna [at] ccwf__cc__utexas__edu
fax:       512/483-7773

                 Distributed: Sunday, December 22, 1991