Subject: PLMS agenda

PLMS agenda

From: Richard Frieder <frieder>
Date: Thursday, December 12, 1991
I chair the Preservation Management Committee within PLMS (Preservation
of Library Materials Section), which is part of ALCTS (Association for
Library Collections & Technical Services) within ALA (American Library
Association). That's quite a mouthful, but in spite of it all we try to
identify critical issues in preservation management and then take some
kind of useful action on them.

Our next meeting is on January 26, 1992, from 8:30 to 11am at the ALA
Midwinter conference in San Antonio.  I am writing to invite suggestions
for our agenda. What are the management challenges that each of you face
day to day?  What can the Preservation Management Committee do to solve
some of these problems?  All suggestions are welcome.  Responses
received prior to January 1 will be most useful.  Thanks.

Richard Frieder
Preservation Department
Northwestern University Library
frieder [at] nuacvm__acns__nwu__edu_

                Distributed: Saturday, December 14, 1991