Subject: Popcorn

Popcorn

From: Marcia Watt <bm.yap>
Date: Monday, December 9, 1991
     I am writing to add information to the memo Janet Gertz sent last
week about packing books in popcorn.  After checking with Acquisitions
and the Shipping Room, I learned that we had also received books packed
in popcorn.  I then call Harrassowitz to voice my concerns over this
practice.  A few minutes later I received a phone call from Trish at
Harrassowitz informing me that they stopped using popcorn as a packing
material on December 5, 1991.

Marcia Watt
Yale University Library

                Distributed: Tuesday, December 10, 1991