Subject: LIRT preservation education session

LIRT preservation education session

From: Marlena M. Wald <mmwald>
Date: Monday, December 2, 1991
I wanted to respond to the individual who wondered whether this was
appropriate.  Yes, LIRT stands for the Library Instruction Round Table.
The coordinator of this forum is a member of ALCTS-PLMS as well as LIRT.
(So am I, which may seem odd to some).  Jeanne Drewes is currently
Assistant Director for Public Services at Mary Washington and has also
served a member of the National Commission on Preservation and Access.
She once was a Technical Services Librarian and has now switched roles.
At her school she has set up a repair unit, staff preservation
training, and workshops for students.  The group who will be presenting
this forum all are these 'hybrid' type librarians who hold dual memberships in a variety of ALA sections.  At ALA this summer, I know
that LIRT and ALCTS-PLMS made initial, official contacts; however, since
I am not one of the chairs or officers 'in charge', I can't speak to
these activities in any definite way.  I know this all sounds a bit
murky, but if you want to condense some of my reply for your readers it
is your call as moderator. (or if you want more information, please let
me know.) Thanks,

Marlena Wald, Science Collections, UGA Libraries (I
suppose you don't get many Science Librarians either!!!!)

                 Distributed: Monday, December 2, 1991