Subject: LIRT preservation education session

LIRT preservation education session

From: Lorraine Olley <olley>
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 1991
I am forwarding to the list a message that our BI librarian forwarded to
me.  I find that I have mixed feelings about ALA sessions outside of
ALCTS that involve preservation.  I am happy to see that preservation is
a topic with ever-broadening interest.  Yet I am also concerned that the
preservation information disseminated in these sessions is accurate.
Anyhow, as a former reference librarian, I find this session
interesting, and will try to attend.  Does anyone know who from the
preservation area might be serving as a "discussion starter"?

        **** Moderator's comments: A side note.  Not everyone on the
        DistList is involved in ALA and it would help matters
        considerably if posters would expand acronyms.  For those that
        wonder, ALCTS is the Association for Library Collections &
        Technical Services.  I'm not certain, but will guess that LIRT
        is the Library Instruction Round Table.  For the record, this
        item was submitted by more than one poster.