Conservation DistList Archives [Date] [Subject] [Author] [SEARCH]

Subject: Channel binding

Channel binding

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Tuesday, October 29, 1991
I've never heard the term channel binding, but our intern, Erich Jacobs,
came up with a plausible guess that accounts for both "pressure" and
"steel bars":  There are ready-made binders for loose leaves (eg
computer printouts) That consist of a case into which you slide loose
leaves.  The leaves are held in place by pressure created by metal
tension-devices (the mechanism is similar to a bulldog clip).  "Channel
binder" would be a reasonable name for these because the leaves slide
into a channel between the two boards. I don't know of a lexicon of
contemporary stationers work, and don't know where to follow through on
this, but wanted to get our entry into the sweepstakes soon.  Perhaps
one of the several library binders who have recently joined the list
will have an answer.


                  Conservation DistList Instance 5:26
                 Distributed: Sunday, November 3, 1991
                        Message Id: cdl-5-26-004
Received on Tuesday, 29 October, 1991

[Search all CoOL documents]