Subject: Scores and sheet music

Scores and sheet music

From: Deana Astle <dlast>
Date: Friday, September 27, 1991
We have inherited a collection of music scores and sheet music from our
Performing Arts Department and are in the process of incorporating this
material into the general collection of the main library.  We have some
concerns about putting the miniature scores on the shelves without some
protection since many of them are one-signature Kalmas study scores
where the highly acidic cover has either separated from the text block,
or has worn thin with use.

We also have sheet music which we would like to make available in the
stacks since we do not have an appropriate secured area for it.

Has anyone had any experience with providing protective enclosures,
binders, etc. for this type of material which would allow them to be
used by music students but not damage the material?  I would greatly
appreciate any suggestions you might have.  Thanks.

                Distributed: Sunday, September 29, 1991