Subject: Photo identification

Photo identification

From: Sue Bigelow <sue_bigelow>
Date: Sunday, September 22, 1991
   We have just received a strange-looking photograph, and since we are
getting more photo people on the List, I thought I'd see if any of them
could tell me what it is.

   I would have identified it as an ordinary 20th century silver gelatin
print on double-weight paper except for 2 things:

   1) The entire photograph has a brilliant reddish-orange cast, as
though the gelatin layer has been dyed this unnatural colour;

   2) the Museum curator next door swears that this is a "special photo
process" that he's seen before (but he doesn't know what). He may be
confused with red autotypes.

   Any suggestions from those more experienced at photo id's would be
greatly appreciated.  I would like to identify it so that I can figure
out how to store it safely.

                            Sue Bigelow
                            City of Vancouver Archives

                Distributed: Sunday, September 29, 1991