Subject: Ammonium hydroxide

Ammonium hydroxide

From: Doug Nishimura <dwnpph>
Date: Sunday, August 25, 1991
Walter:  I think I'll have to amend the figures given for w/w % for
various normalities of ammonia.  I used a linear relationship (from
empirical measurements) that looked pretty good (sig of reg 10ee-25).
However, further mucking around showed that at the low end, the fit was
pretty bad.  I have since revised values using cubic splines.

M (N)         w/w %
(normality
or molarity)
 0.1           0.17 (linear extrapolation from 0.292N)
 0.5           0.86 (cubic spline)
 1.0           1.72
 2.0           3.46
 3.0           5.23
 5.0           8.85

These results look better, particularly at the 0.5N level.

-Doug

                  Distributed: Monday, August 26, 1991