Subject: Contact print papers

Contact print papers

From: James Cartwright <jimc>
Date: Monday, August 12, 1991
We have a collection of approximately 20,000 negatives which recently
came to us from one of the University departments.  In planning for
funding requests, that department wants us to find costs of contact
prints for the negatives. In talking to a photographer about costs, he
said something about chloride paper.  I do not know enough about
photography, but I reacted almost with horror, saying I didn't want
anything with chlorides which might damage other materials.

He mentioned azo paper by Kodak as a possible paper.

What papers should one use for contact prints to be used by patrons?
They do not need to be of the most expensive quality, but they should be
high enough quality to avoid polluting the materials they are stored
near.

Thanks for your help

Jim Cartwright

                 Distributed: Saturday, August 17, 1991