Subject: Staplers

Staplers

From: Linda F. Williams <lindaw>
Date: Monday, June 10, 1991
I am most interested in finding out if libraries have found an electric
stapler that actually works for pam binding.  We have just purchased and
returned a $1000.00 electric stapler that just didn't work (Acme brand
out of Basic Crafts in New York, NY).  We've looked in all the catalogs
we know of and can't find anything heavy duty enough to do the job.  We
were real disappointed that the Acme  didn't work...it just didn't have
enough power to push the staples into the boards. Linda

    **** Moderator's comments:   We have an old Bostitch wire stitcher
    that has worked fine for at least the 18 years that I've been here.
    Instead of looking in hand-binding sources, try industrial
    (printing) suppliers.  Gane Bros and Lane in South San Francisco is
    a good source.  Also many large cities have either a used printing
    equipment supplier or broker (Alan Dietch in San Francisco is a good
    one). walter

                  Distributed: Friday, August 9, 1991