Subject: Permanent file folder labels

Permanent file folder labels

From: Hilary A. Kaplan <bm.gsk>
Date: Friday, August 2, 1991
I am being plagued by the records management people for file label that
can be typed and stuck on file folders. To my knowledge, there is no
"permanent" file folder label available though there has been some
indication that foil backed labels are "relatively permanent" whatever
that means. For archival folders, everything is written by pencil, but
this does not seem to be a workable solution for materials routinely
generated by agencies that have less than permanent retention scheduled.
I'd appreciate any info or response.

                  Distributed: Sunday, August 4, 1991