Subject: Microwave fumigation

Microwave fumigation

From: Mike Renshawe <ED20>
Date: Wednesday, July 31, 1991
As yet we do not have a preservation lab, and of course have no way to
fumigate or sterilize books with mold or fungus.  Recently sent a book
off to Canadian Agricultural Dept for them to sterilize.  But, I have
heard that it can be done at home in an oven, or microwave.  True?  If
so, do you (or anyone) have the suggested temperatures and exposure
times? Many thanx,

Mike Renshawe

                  Distributed: Sunday, August 4, 1991