Subject: Materials for a book container

Materials for a book container

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Friday, June 21, 1991
The following query (from new DistList participant Stu Weibel) appeared
in ARCHIVES@INDYCMS and has already been addressed there, but I thought
the rest of you might like to have at it.

    Date: 18 Jun 91
    Sender: Archives & Archivists list <ARCHIVES [at] INDYCMS__bitnet>
    From: Stu Weibel <stu [at] RSCH__OCLC__ORG>
    Subject:      Materials standards for archival storage

    I have an off-the-wall question for the rare-book types among us...

    Can anyone point me to an authoritative treatise or corpus of
    literature that addresses the issue of what materials should *not*
    be used to store books.  In particular, I am interested in the
    construction of wooden presentation boxes for limited run books and
    the *specifics* of woods and finishes to avoid.

    Thanks,
    Stuart Weibel
    OCLC Office of Research
    stu [at] rsch__oclc__org