Subject: Readex

Readex

From: Doug Nishimura <dwnpph>
Date: Saturday, June 1, 1991
I'm a little too late to comment before your meeting.  Unfortunately we
were hosting the ANSI meetings (1 full week) for the Permanence and
Physical properties of imaging media.  Anyway, in my readings of the
literature, it says that the Microprint (or micro opaque) cards are
generally as stable as other ink and paper materials.  However, I
noticed that, at least in the early days, it was recommended that
permanent copies be laminated between triacetate sheets.  You might want
to make sure that the opaques you have are not laminated (at least in
triacetate).  If they are, I would strongly recommend against putting
them into uncontrolled conditions.

-Doug

                   Distributed: Sunday, June 9, 1991