Subject: New address for IPI Polysulfide and film project finished

New address for IPI Polysulfide and film project finished

From: Doug Nishimura <dwnpph>
Date: Monday, April 22, 1991
... Anyway, two things:  IPI has now moved.  Phone numbers are still
the same and my email is the same.  New mailing address is

Rochester Institute of Technology
Image Permanence Institute
Frank E. Gannett Memorial Building
P.O. Box 9887
Rochester, NY  14623-0887

The second thing I was reminded of (to let people know about) by Ellen
McCrady.  She called requesting information for the Abbey NL readers.

The final report for NEH/NHPRC on the use of Potassium Polysulfide
toning for the enhanced permanence of microfilm and the final report for
NEH on the stability of safety film are both completed.

The polysulfide report contains the development of IPI's polysulfide
toner formulation, toning methods, recommended starting point for anyone
attempting the toning method (time, temp., etc.), and test methods for
quality control. The total volume is about 174 pages long and is public
information.  Copies are available, although we must charge for copying,
binding, shipping and handling.  Total cost is $20.00.

The safety film project report contains information regarding the
relative stability of cellulose ester based films (triacetate, acetate
propionate, acetate butyrate, diacetate, nitrate) and polyester.
Acetate butyrate film is used in contemporary and historic sheet film by
Kodak. Effects of storage temperature and humidity are explored.  This
volume is about 103 pages long and is also $20.00.

Copies of either report can be obtained by writing to IPI at the above
address.

Regards.

-Doug

                  Distributed: Sunday, April 28, 1991