Subject: Cataloging preservation photocopies

Cataloging preservation photocopies

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Tuesday, March 5, 1991
The following query appeared in Autocat:

    Date: 28 Feb 91
                  <AUTOCAT%UVMVM.BITNET [at] Forsythe__Stanford__EDU>
    Sender: "AUTOCAT: Library cataloging and authorities discussion group"
                  <AUTOCAT%UVMVM.BITNET [at] Forsythe__Stanford__EDU>
    From: EFG2F [at] VIRGINIA__bitnet
    Subject:      guidelines for preservation photocopies

    Does anyone know if ARL has developed guidelines for the cataloging of
    preservation PHOTOCOPIES?  We have, and use, the guidelines for
    preservation microforms.  I can't imagine anything significantly
    odd about the photocopies that would make ARL develop guidelines.
    If anyone knows of such national guidelines, I would appreciate
    being pointed in the right direction.  Also, if anyone has
    developed local guidelines, I would like to know about those, too.
    We're preparing to copy and catalog approximately 550 Slavic
    language titles.

    Many thanks,

    Edward Gaynor
    Head, Monographs/Post Cataloging