Subject: Microfiche storage

Microfiche storage

From: Normandy Helmer <nhelmer>
Date: Saturday, March 2, 1991
I had want to seek advice about storage of working microfiche copies
(not masters).  We had been forwarding them to Microforms in individual
acid-free envelopes, but apparently the envelopes "take up too much
room" in the drawers.  I'm trying to get a firm answer: does storage
within envelopes constitute a significant contribution to the shelflife
of the fiche?

    **** Moderator's comments:   Yes

Any opinions would be useful.  Thanks,

Normandy Helmer