Subject: Squeeze paper

Squeeze paper

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Wednesday, February 20, 1991
Harry,
I was under the impression that squeezes were done using ordinary filter
paper (that certainly was the case in the 40's and appears to be the
case with the few squeezes I've seen).  I did some mockups in preparation
for a squeeze-sizing project that never materialized, using Whatman #1
and they certainly held up ok.  It used to be the practice (and still is
as far as I know) to size the squeezes with a methacrylate resin after
the casting is completely dry (the article I saw mentioned Acryloid (or
Paraloid) B-7, but as I have never been able to find any other
literature reference to B-7, I assume this refers to B-72, which is a
material in common use).

Walter

                Distributed: Saturday, February 23, 1991