Subject: Microforms

Microforms

From: Ann Swartzell <aswartze>
Date: Thursday, February 7, 1991
Cathy Atwood, Conservator at the Nebraska State Historical Society, has
some general inquiries re: procedures and supply sources for handling
microforms.

--What kind of fasteners do you use on your film collections (button and
tie, tabs, reel wrappers etc.) and where do you get them?  Are there
different guidelines for your use with different generations of film?

--Who does film cleaning with the Extek film cleaning machine?  Other
procedures for cleaning?  The Extek solvent has a freon base which of
course is problematic; Extek is looking to replace the component, but
what about what to do until they change the solutions?  Again,
procedures for cleaning film and which generations of film are cleaned,
how often etc. are comments welcomed.

Cathy may be reached indirectly via this source, or directly at

    Nebraska State Historical Society
    Box 82554, Lincoln, NE  68501
    or phone 402/471- 4777

    **** Moderator's comments:   Cathy is not yet on the net, so please
    send replies to me and I will see that Cathy gets them (and post
    them, of course)

                 Distributed: Sunday, February 10, 1991