Subject: Alkaline paper and MARC format records

Alkaline paper and MARC format records

From: Barbara Sagraves <sagraves>
Date: Thursday, January 17, 1991
Does anyone know if current MARC format has a field to record that the
book is printed on alkaline paper?  We have discovered that our catalog
dept. will include the notation "(alk.paper)" after the ISBN number in
the bib. record but it only happens when that information is downloaded
from another cataloging source-- LC for example.  Is there a field that
records this information?  Do any libraries routinely note in the bib.
field that the paper is alkaline?

Thanks.
Barb Sagraves
Northwestern University Library