Subject: Security tapes

Security tapes

From: Erich Kesse <erikess>
Date: Wednesday, December 19, 1990
    Date: 19 Dec 90
    From: ROBCORN at NERVM
    To:   ERIKESS
    Subject: 3M tattle-tape

    Erich, thank you for the forward.  If this is of interest... The
    Music Library has used the 3-M tape for cassettes.  I am not sure if
    they are still selling the same type, but I will explain the type we
    have.  Mr. Willocks acquired these many years ago.  The tape is
    placed under the label that goes onto the cassette.  Pre-cut labels
    are provided with the tattle-tape. The labels are a bit slick
    (glossy) so typing on them is difficult, but they are usable.  We do
    not have experience with the CD or LP tattle-tapes, but have an
    interest in knowing more.  At present, we place a book tape into the
    containers of each.  It is fine if the perpetrator takes the entire
    item and not just the disc, itself.

Erich J. Kesse
Preservation Office
University of Florida Libraries