Subject: Disaster Relief Committee Library binder

Disaster Relief Committee Library binder

From: Charlotte Brown <c_brown>
Date: Friday, December 7, 1990
In the December 1991 issue of "American Libraries" - p. 1091 - there is
a mention of a report to the ALA Executive Board from the Disaster
Relief Committee. The notice goes on to say that the committee,

    "is collecting information regarding disaster skills, resources, and
    services offered by members of the ALA divisions.  The data will be
    turned over to ALA's Information Center (Headquarters Library),
    which will serve as a clearinghouse authorized to respond
    immediately to requests for assistance."

I really do try to keep up on the "comings and goings" of preservation,
especially when it comes to disaster preparedness (having just done a
plan), but this committee is a new one to me.  Did I miss a mention of
it in "CAN" or "Abbey Newsletter ?"  Is PLMS in on this ?

Just wondering...

Onto another matter completely...

A few weeks ago there was some discussion on the bulletin board about
the binding slips that the Heckman Bindery uses and I mentioned that my
institution had dealt with Heckman up until the mid -1980's.

Apparently my comments were not stated concisely enough, leaving the
impression that Heckman did/does not abide by the Library Binding
Institute standards.  I did not intend to have my comments so
interpreted.  The Heckman Bindery does adhere to the LBI standards when
requested to.

Charlotte B. Brown
Franklin & Marshall College
c_brown@fandmlib (bitnet)