Subject: Book conference

Book conference

From: Barb Tetenbaum <joebeets>
Date: Wednesday, November 7, 1990
The Silver Buckle Press (UW-Madison Libraries) has received a grant to
put together a one-day conference"to examine the book historically and
discuss its future within the context of current changes in electronic
communications."  I hope to bring two speakers; one to present an
illustrated talk on the history of the book including current trends in
book production, book art, and book conservation.  The other speaker
will come from a non-paper-based perspective and (hopefully) present an
exciting and thought-provoking talk on state-of-the-art interactive
technology.  There will be campus-wide displays and demonstrations as
well as time for participant discussion.  I'm considering a late Sept.
1991 date.  What I would like are suggestions or comments from anyone
who has heard or given lectures on these subjects.  Some names come to
mind but I'm not sure how dynamic they are as speakers, and the audience
will not be the already-initiated lot that we are.  Any other comments
will be greatly appreciated as this is my first time to organize such an
event. Yours truly, Barbara Tetenbaum(joebeets [at] wiscmacc__bitnet) 1191 B
College Library::600 N. Park St.::Madison, WI 53706

                Distributed: Thursday, November 8, 1990