Subject: Blood

Blood

From: Karen Pavelka <pavelka>
Date: Wednesday, November 7, 1990
We have a document which is said to be signed in blood.  It appears to
have faded considerably over the course of a year.  It hasn't been
exhibited, but has been opened and viewed.  It has probably been exposed
to about 3 hours of ambient light in the library in the past year.  Does
anyone have any info about 1) a test to determine whether or not it is
in fact blood, non-destructive, of course  2) anything that can be done
to improve the light-fastness of the media  3) fading which will occur
regardless of whether or not it's exposed to light.  The signature is
from about 1620, the paper earlier, but I'm not sure when.  All
suggestions welcome.

                Distributed: Thursday, November 8, 1990