Subject: Library binding problem

Library binding problem

From: Jan Merrill-Oldham <hbladm18>
Date: Monday, October 22, 1990
Re problems created by binding slips in library-bound volumes:
according to the terms of the contract between the University of
Connecticut and the Acme Bookbinding Company, binding slips are inserted
in volumes but left unattached.  As we make ever greater use of ABLE,
our bindery preparation software, fewer categories of materials require
binding slips, but for several years all volumes were returned with
their slips inserted but unattached.  Acme had to alter work flow to
accomplish this objective, but seems to have managed to do that without
significant problems.  We tried several methods of attaching slips prior
to changing our specifications, but none was satisfactory.

                 Distributed: Tuesday, October 23, 1990