Subject: Photocopying

Photocopying

From: Richard Frieder <frieder>
Date: Wednesday, October 17, 1990
With regard to the photocopying problem with ILL, it seems that a
compromise of some sort is in order.  I would think that a good
criterion for choosing materials to be copied one page at a time would
Materials that are most vulnerable would thus be treated more gently.
Others might sustain some damage by copying two pages up, but in light
of the circumstances this would perhaps be tolerable.  This situation
strikes me as a good example of the trade-offs that are sometimes
necessary when balancing preservation with service to users, cost
effectiveness, and relationships with other departments.

                 Distributed: Tuesday, October 23, 1990