Subject: Commercial binding problem

Commercial binding problem

From: Patricia Palmer <pepalmer>
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 1990
I know exactly what you're talking about because I had the same problem
with Hertzberg when I was at Washington University in St. Louis.
Fortunately, we we could resolve the problem by talking about it.  Then,
unfortunately, the staff would have a memory lapse and start doing it
again.  I can't believe Heckman is saying they can't do anything about
these sticky binding tickets at all.

My advice is to bug them as much as possible about it.  Write letters,
call your representative, ask for visits to show them this problem (and
others, I'm sure), have them replace issues/volumes which the ticket has
damaged...  Document everything so when it comes RFP time again you can
write this in your contract:  Binding tickets must not adhere to volumes
in any way. You might also put some phrase in the RFP that a clause for
"lapse of standards (or quality control)" is cause for cancellation.

Best wishes,
Patricia Palmer

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 10, 1990