Subject: Commercial binding problem

Commercial binding problem

From: Charlotte Brown <c_brown>
Date: Tuesday, October 9, 1990
experienced the same problem with Heckman, you may add Franklin &
Marshall College, who dealt with Heckman up until ca. 1986 and then
switched to Wert Bindery, Grantham, PA.  One of the reasons that we
stopped using Heckman was due to cost; the other was what we perceived
to be resistance on their part to following the LBI standards of that
time (1986).

Perhaps the LBI standards should be elaborated to include just the
situation Paris describes...

And speaking of elaboration, when can we expect the librarians'
commentary to the current LBI Standards to be available ?  I recall
receiving a draft copy about two years ago [for some reason I am unable
to locate my copy at this moment, sorry to be so vague] and then I was
asked what I knew about it at the ALCTS Collection Management
Preconference this past June.  W

Was a PLMS project or not ?  In my [editorial] opinion, the draft
version I read was VERY useful.

Charlotte B. Brown
Franklin & Marshall College
c_brown@fandmlib

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 10, 1990