Subject: Tobacco smoke

Tobacco smoke

From: Patricia Palmer <pepalmer>
Date: Wednesday, October 10, 1990
Library administrators at Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) have
been making a case to ban cigarette smoking in the library building.  To
strengthen their argument, I have been asked to provide information or
citations deploring (I hope) the effects of smoking on the permanence of
paper.  My search so far has taken me far into the realms of gaseous
pollutants but I have found nothing specifically on smoking.  If anyone
knows of such information, I would appreciate your sending it my way
soon.

Thanks.
Patricia Palmer

                Distributed: Wednesday, October 10, 1990