Subject: Halon

Halon

From: Walter Henry <whenry>
Date: Sunday, September 30, 1990
The following discussion has been lifted shamelessly from
misc.emerg-services and edited slightly for space:

 From: George Goble <ghg [at] ecn__purdue__edu>
 Subject: Re: HALON
 Date: 30 Sep 90

 In article <27508.2704B95C [at] stjhmc__fidonet__org>
 Al.Stiebel [at] f440__n101__z1__fidonet__org (Al Stiebel) writes:
 >Any information yet as to research and development for a
 >replacement for Halon?
 >
 >Al

 Great Lakes Chemical, HQ in W. Lafayette, IN has announced a
 replacement for Halon-1211 I believe (think it may be called
 Halon-1508, but not sure). It also seems to work as a refrigerant I
 have heard.  Their phone number is (317) 497-6100 if you want to
 give them a call.
 --ghg