Subject: Nitrate

Nitrate

From: Karen Pavelka <pavelka>
Date: Tuesday, July 31, 1990
the latest development is upon Stroudian advice I contacted the chemistry
department here, who sent me to the Environmental Health and Safety office,
and they will be coming over tomorrow with their Draeger tubes to measure
oxides of nitrogen, with no cost to us as we are part of UT. Apparently
the state health & safety dept. will do the same thing, free, for anyone
in the city. or state I guess.  I suppose it would be about the same
anywhere.

... Thank you loads for the NISO information.  I got some frightening
info. from the health dept. about what only 3-6ppb. NO2 can do to
people.  It's not pretty.

K.

               Distributed: Saturday, September 22, 1990